Please watch this short video, Nappy Know How for all the ins and outs of using Nudey!Rudey! cloth nappies. If you would like a copy of the video put in with your order please request it in the comments section when ordering.
Remove the nappy and knock any solids down the loo, or flush the paper liner.
Store nappies until it's time to wash them in a hanging bag, a lidded bucket or straight in the machine.
Wash in any temperature up to 75C. Go easy on the soap powder, half the amount you would normally use is plenty. A capful of Dettol or Caneston Laundry every few washes will ensure there's no nasties on your nappies. You may wish to put a few drops of Tea Tree oil in as a natural antibacterial.
Drying on the line is best but for grotty weather days hang inside or machine dry on cool.
Did you know sunshine and frosts take out stains? It's like magic!
Got a rash from teething? Go ahead and use creams but please use a liner to protect the nappy.
Please note that we have received feedback from customers that using pain relief products like Pamol can result in poo that stains the nappies so you may wish to use a liner to prevent this.
You may need to 'strip' you cloth nappies for the following reasons
1. You have been using nappy creams without liners
2. You have been over-using soap powder/liquid (or accidently put in fabric softener or wool wash)
3. Your washing machine isn't taking all the soap out of the nappies
You will know when yu need to strip the nappies as they will lose their absorbency. Your nappies will leak because the inserts have a coating that is stopping them absorb liquid OR the nappies themselves will be stopping the liquid come through to meet the inserts
To strip cloth nappies
1. Wash in a hot wash without any soap
2. Rewash with no soap but 1/2 c WHITE vinegar and 1/2 c baking soda in the rinse cycle*
3. You may wish to run them through another hot wash without soap
4. Preferably line dry in the sun
* You must use white vinegar, brown will stain the nappies. Add the vinegar to the baking soda in a large container, it will fizz and froth up- a lot!
Nudey!Rudey! cloth nappies are perfect in any environment. To support your provider please show them our short Nudey!Rudey! Nappy Know How Video or contact us with their email details and we will send a detailed email complete with pictorial instructions.